Granite Peak Ski Team
A U.S. Ski & Snowboard Silver Certified Club
Granite Peak Ski Team Programs
Below are a sample of the programs offered by the non-profit Granite Peak Ski Team. All registration and questions about these programs should be directed to the organization. Granite Peak Ski Area does not manage or handle ski team inquiries.
For the youngest skiers. Racer Development or "Devo" is an entry level program designed to give skiers a solid base and fundamentals to grow into successful skiers whether that is on the race course or just freeskiing. (Ages 6 & up).
The freestyle ski program focuses on aerial maneuvers, terrain park features, as well as all-mountain and mogul skiing. Coaches use Granite Peak's three terrain parks as training grounds to develop, encourage and improve skiers techniques and forms while having fun with new friends. (Athletes should be experienced in park skiing).
Race team athletes benefit from top-notch coaching from legendary coach Ron Lawrence. This program is designed to grow the love of skiing and ski racing. Racers have ample time in gates and speed training. Opportunities for FIS level and high school athletes as well as daytime training.
adult race league
Granite Peak and the GPST combine to offer up a collaborative league for 18+ adults who wish to bang some gates and sharing in some competitiveness on the slopes. Offered on Wednesday nights, league events are followed by dinner and drinks in Historic Chalet.
ADULT RACE LEAGUE FEES
$100 per person.
- Teams of 4-8 people—if you don't have a team, please let us know. We can hook you up!
- Team fees include:
- Wednesday night race nights
- Free Entry into all GSPT NASTAR Club Races (Sundays/Fridays)
- Free Entry into year-end Midwest Race League Championship.
- Team Expenses for training of Pace Setters, Course Setters, and Timers.
- Team Expenses for all race equipment including start tunnel, gates and gate repair, finish house, storage trailer, and timing system.
- Start Banquet and Finish Awards Banquet
- Race league fees do not include season pass or lift ticket access and all participants must have a ticket and helmet.
Adults League Details/Expectations
- 4-6 person teams - male or female of any combination or register as an individual
- NO substitutions
- Helmets are required
- Includes Sunday (sometimes Friday night) NASTAR Club Races.
- Make sure to check out the GPST Calendar for specific dates and times.
- NASTAR age categories and team points are used for scoring
- 2 runs each night per racer, top 3 scores for team totals. Lowest season accumulation for season team championship
- Individual finish points accumulate for season awards
- Awards and trophies at the awards banquet following the season. 1st, 2nd, & 3rd in each age group. Teams 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
- Bartenders Trophy, voted on by GPST board, Granite Peak management and the Bartenders!