At Granite Peak, Instructors provide quality instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all safety rules/regulations and Company guidelines.
- Provide safe, professional and fun instruction to students of all ages.
- Assist students to achieve their goal of improvement.
- Provide feedback to students or to students’ parents in regards to progress made in the lesson and what to work on next.
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain with varying weather conditions.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier and snowboarder skill levels and work with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardians.
- Maintain a professional attitude and represent Granite Peak values.
- Adhere to the Alpine Responsibility code at all times,
- Wear a proper assigned uniform.
- Exceed expectations by going out of your way to assist all guests, being courteous, friendly and informative, ensuring the ultimate customer service experience on the mountain.
- Answer guest inquiries and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Foster an atmosphere of safety and cooperation, and promotes positive teamwork amongst your team members.
- Carry out other related duties as assigned.
- Advanced proficiency as skier and/or snowboarder
- Must have excellent communication and guest service skills with all ages
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Must be available to work holidays and most weekends, weekday shifts also available
- Must be able to lift, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach frequently.
- Previous Ski/SB instructor experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of local area/resort
- Previous experience working with youth organizations; (coaching, camp counselor, scouting, life-guarding, youth/mission groups)
Weather Conditions: Ski or Snowboard Instructors are based both inside and outside with exposure to various kinds of weather. This requires the ability to work in cold weather (sometimes -20 temps) as well as wind and snow. The individual in this role must be able to walk on uneven/slippery terrain, climb/descend stairs, stand and/or sit for long periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, lift objects which may be heavy, etc.