We are looking for a responsible individuals to maintain and protect our facilities. The external and internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. It is important for a custodian, or janitor, to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises. The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large space. A keen eye for detail and diligence are also imperative in custodial maintenance jobs.
- Keeps buildings and property in clean and orderly condition.
- Performs routine maintenance activities.
- Performs heavy cleaning duties.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, and/ or vacuum floors.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Scrub, sanitize, and supply restroom facilities.
- Dusts furniture, walls, and equipment.
- Cleans windows, mirrors, and partitions with soap and other cleansers.
- Mix cleaning solutions in containers in preparation for cleaning, according to instructions.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power machinery to prevent damage to floors and fixtures..
- Shampoo or steam-clean carpets..
- Manages inventory of cleaning supplies.
- Notifies managers regarding the need for repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Knowledge of standard cleaning methods and procedures
- Ability to stand, walk, and bend for many hours
- Ability to perform repetitive motion for long periods of time
- Experience using cleaning equipment, including vacuum cleaners, floor buffers, and cleaning solutions
- Background in handling, mixing, and using cleaning chemicals
- Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules
- Communication skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects, climb ladders and work at particular heights
- Ability to follow instructions and help with various tasks, as needed
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail and sanitation rules
- Availability to work in shifts, during weekends and evening