Granite Peak is filling roles to facilitate a new program called GP4 The Granite Peak Parks Progression Program. This freestyle program features 10 weeks of instruction twice a week and is aimed at kids 7 – 15 with a desire to learn, compete and grow in their freestyle skills.
- Provide safe, professional, and fun instruction to students of all ages.
- Assist students to achieve their goal of improvement.
- Provide feedback to students or to students’ parents regarding progress made in the lesson and what to work on next.
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain with varying weather conditions.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier and snowboarder skill levels and work with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising children in class always; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardians.
- Maintain a professional attitude and represent Granite Peak values.
- Always adhere to the NSAA’s “Your Responsibility Code”
- Wear a proper assigned uniform.
- Exceed expectations by going out of your way to assist all guests, being courteous, friendly, and informative, ensuring the ultimate customer service experience on the mountain.
- Answer guest inquiries and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Foster an atmosphere of safety and cooperation and promotes positive teamwork amongst your team members as well as in all other Midwest Family Ski Resort locations.
- Carry out other related duties as assigned.
- Qualified applicants must be capable of performing basic tricks such as riding rails, performing simple 360s and capable of providing feedback to athletes attempting similar tricks.
- Provide availability for six out of the eight scheduled sessions;
- Tuesday/Thursday, 1/9-3/14, 6-8pm
- To maintain season pass work 15 hours per month, additional hours to qualify would be provided with Snow Sports.
- Provide coaching during Granite Peak’s three Gatorade Grom Jams throughout the season.
- Provide additional availability for coaching development for program growth.
- Advanced proficiency as skier and/or snowboarder
- Experience with basic Freestyle elements
- Must have excellent communication and guest service skills with all ages.
- Must work well in a team.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Must be available to work holidays and most weekends, weekday shifts also available.
- Must be able to lift, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach frequently.
- Previous Ski/SB instructor experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of local area/resort
- Previous experience working with youth organizations; (coaching, camp counselor, scouting, lifeguarding, youth/mission groups)
Weather Conditions: Ski or Snowboard Instructors are based both inside and outside with exposure to various kinds of weather. This requires the ability to work in cold weather (sometimes -20 temps) as well as wind and snow. The individual in this role must be able to walk on uneven/slippery terrain, climb/descend stairs, stand and/or sit for long periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, lift objects which may be heavy, etc.