OPEN 9A - 9P | 100% OPEN | SPRING SUNDAY SKIING!

Tribute Golf Course

tribute golf course

Tribute Golf Course opened in August of 1929. The course was originally built by the American Legion Post 10 and was the first public golf course in Wausau, and was known as The American Legion Golf Course or "The Legion" to local players. The fee on opening day was just 50 cents! 

Many of the Wausau area's best players honed their skills on the fairways and greens of the old American Legion course now known as Tribute GC in honor of those that have served this country. 

The course remained relatively unchanged for decades until the current ownership group added several new tee areas and a completely new par three hole located on the former pitching field located just south of the club's parking lot which opened for full-time use in 2022. This new hole gives us 10 playable holes which allows us the flexibility to continue upgrading other holes without having to shorten the course to 8 holes during construction. 

Plans for the next several years include the construction of 2-3 new greens or updates to existing greens to improve the playability of our course.

WEBSITE