Pass Protection Eligibility
Any Pass Holder who purchases a 2023/2024 Season Pass from Snowriver Mountain Resort and who has paid the Pass Protection fee is eligible for protection under this program.
Benefits will be effective on the date of enrollment in the program, which should be the same date of purchase.
All coverage under this program ends on the last day that the Pass is valid for the season the Pass is purchased.
For all qualified claims that occur prior to the start of the ski season (opening day), Snowriver Mountain Resort will reimburse the full cost of the Season Pass.
For qualified claims that occur after the ski season begins, Snowriver Mountain will reimburse the purchase price of the Pass minus 14.25% of that value for each day the Pass was scanned during the 2023-24 season. After 7 days of use, there is no residual refund value on the Pass.
Snowriver will refund the unused portion of your 2023/2024 season pass if the participating pass holder is unable to use their Pass for any of the following covered incidents. (Dependents of the affected Pass Holder will also qualify for refunds as long as that Dependent is currently enrolled in the Pass Protection Program. Some exclusions do apply.)
- Physical Injury, Sickness, or Death: Injury or sickness that is so disabling that the Pass Holder can no longer ski/snowboard safely for the remainder of the season, or the death of a participating Pass Holder.
- Physical Injury or Illness of an Immediate Family Member: Life-threatening sickness or injury of an Immediate Family Member requiring the Pass Holder to become the primary caregiver of that Immediate Family Member, thus preventing them from using their season pass.
- Pass Holder is involuntarily terminated, laid off, or involuntarily relocated by an employer-initiated decision (defined below). Pass Holder must have been an active employee for the same employer for at least one year prior to purchasing the Pass and membership in the Pass Protection Program. Job separation must occur following the effective date of coverage. Coverage is not applicable to temporary employment, independent contractors or self-employed persons. Relocation of Pass Holders' primary residence must be at least 100 miles further in distance from Snowriver Mountain Resort than Pass Holder’s primary residence at time of purchase (based on Google Maps searches).
- Pass Holder is called to active military service or military leave is revoked or reassigned.
- Pass Holder has a complication of pregnancy, normal pregnancy or childbirth. Pregnancy or complication of pregnancy must occur after the Pass Holder’s effective date of coverage. Dependents of the Pass Holder do not qualify for reimbursement in this case.
Season Pass Transfers
Those who have used their pass two or less times and have the protection plan qualify for a one-time season pass transfer to the following season. All season pass transfers will include a $50.00 transfer fee when purchasing for the following season on an equal or lesser value pass. If a higher level pass is purchased for the following season the Pass Holder would owe the transfer fee plus the difference between the current price of the original pass and the upgraded pass they wish to purchase.
With respect to the Season Pass Protection coverage, refunds are not payable in whole or in part for the following:
- Season Pass Holders (including Dependent passes) who are not currently enrolled in the Pass Protection Program.
- Staff, Volunteer, Industry, Trade Media, Complimentary and Donated Season Passes.
- The cost of the Pass Protection Program.
- Any amount in excess of the purchase price of the Season Pass.
- Claims made after the established reporting date parameters (30 days from the date of incident or after the last day the Pass is valid.)
- The Pass Protection Program does not cover any medical, travel or lodging-related expenses. This program only covers the cost of your 2023/2024 Snowriver Mountain Season Pass.
All Claims must be submitted within 30 days of the incident. To submit a claim, please contact our Pass Protection department at email@example.com To file a claim for protection, written documentation verifying the reason for the claim is required, including but not limited to: a Doctor’s verified statement on an official medical letterhead, a letter from your employer, deployment papers via the US Military, or a completed USPS change of address for involuntary employer initiated relocations.
- This protection is subject to the exclusions shown and all other terms of this program.
- We reserve the right to reject a claim if any information is false or omitted thereon.
“Unused Portions” means any days remaining between the date of incident as noted on documentation and the last day the Pass is valid.
- “Injury” is a bodily injury, caused by an Accident and resulting directly and independently of all other causes. The Injury must happen while the Pass Holder is covered by Pass Protection and must require treatment by a Doctor.
- “Sickness” is an illness, disease, or injury, which requires treatment by a doctor.
- “Doctor” means a licensed practitioner of the healing arts, acting within the scope of his license. The treating doctor may not be the Pass Holder or a family member.
- “Pass Holder” means the person whose name appears on the 2023/2024 Snowriver Season Pass. “Immediate Family Member” means the Pass Holder’s spouse, child, spouse’s child, brother, sister, mother, father, grandparents, grandchild, step-brother, step-sister, step-parents and parents-in-law.
- “Dependent” means the Pass Holder’s Spouse or legally dependent child age 18 or under.