Lift Operations is a team-oriented department focused on providing our guests with excellent customer service while assist guests in having a fun and safe experience on the snow! We are looking for individuals who are able to work full time or part time throughout our winter season operations. This role is trained to operate all lift types in a safe and efficient manner, how to nstruct guests on the proper way to ride a lift, and how assist guests on and off the lift. As a Lift Operator the work environemnet is outdoors in all weather conditions and ideal candidates will be good with people as there is constant guest interaction involved.
- Assist all passengers in the safe loading and unloading of the ski lift
- Maintain load and unload ramps and areas around all lift stations; shovel snow, set signs, clean chairs, set lines, etc.
- Identify and report any unusual problems or hazardous conditions to ensure the public’s safety
- Be familiar with all policies, procedures and rules regarding operating and riding a ski lift
- Perform daily pre-operation inspections and post-operation shutdown procedures
- Assist with any necessary projects, such as fencing, maze set-up, and sign replacement
- Have a welcoming and positive demeanor while greeting guests loading chairs
- Assist guests on/off lift as needed.
- Act as a courtesy guide for our guests; be able to answer questions, handle small problems and provide general information.
- Monitor pass and ticket scans to verify they are being used by the purchaser
- Be able to take the work seriously and have fun at the same time.
- Attional duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50lbs as well as twist, turn, and drag equipment
- Must be able to handle stressful, noisy, crowded and distracting situations
- Must be comfortable interacting with guests in a friendly and helpful manner
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be able to make quality decision and to motivate and direct others
Work Environment: This position involves working outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, and requires being on your feet for the majority of the scheduled shift.
Physical and Mental Demands: This position works primarily outside and requires prolonged periods of standing and walking on slippery and/or uneven snow or icy surfaces. Must remain alert and attentive at all times. Must lift up to 50 pounds and be able to twist, turn and drag equipment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed. In addition, as we are a recreational business, availability on peak holiday timeframes and weekends is required.