Snow School Instructor ...
At Granite Peak, Instructors provide quality ski instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all safety rules/regulations and Company guidelines. Positions for both PSIA/AASI certified and Non-Certified instructors are available for the Winter 2018/2019 Season! $11.00 per hour
- Advanced proficiency as skier and/or snowboarder
- Attend Ski and Ride training sessions
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions
- Must be available to work holidays and most weekends
- Must be able to lift, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach frequently.
- Experience working with guests of all ages
- Previous Ski/SB instructor experience
- Knowledge of local area/resort
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring all age groups and ability levels
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Ride programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- Leadership / Mentoring duties maybe assigned depending on experience and credentials
- Opportunity to cross-train within the company
APPLY FOR SNOW SCHOOL INSTRUCTOR: Download Application
**Please make sure to write down position applying for. Submit application in person or email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org