Scenic Chairlift Rides
LAST WEEKEND! Friday, Oct. 16, Saturday, Oct. 17 & Sunday, Oct. 18
Experience the beautiful colors of autumn and the surrounding views from Rib Mountain State Park, overlooking the City of Wausau. Those riding the chair are free to get off at the top and walk around the State Park before getting a ride back down.
TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE!
At the conclusion of your ride join us at the Historic Chalet Deck and 10th Mountain Division Hut for some food including burgers, brats, fall draft selections, and yummy sweets for the kids!
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS. Thank you for visiting us. Please follow the following requests out of the respect of our staff, guests and visitors.
- All Guests MUST wear face masks while waiting in any line for tickets and/or chairlift rides
- Masks may be taken off during rides, while eating / drinking
- All Guests MUST apply hand sanitizer before getting on Chairlift
- We ask all guests to practice social distancing while visiting Granite Peak
- Guests will only ride with parties that arrived together and no parties shall be "paired up."
|FRIDAYS||October, 16, 2020||3pm - 6:00pm|
|SATURDAYS||October 17, 2020||10am - 5pm|
|SUNDAYS||Last DAY: October 18, 2020||10am - 5pm|
**Last ride up is typically 15min prior to the end of he ride timeframe, updates on availability during busy days will be posted on our Facebook page.
PLEASE NOTE: We are not selling or redeeming online purchases for the Scenic Chairlift Rides at the top of the mountain. All guests must pick up a wristband at our ticket windows and ride the lift from the base area. The Rib Mountain State Park Office is now open for the foliage season. Visitors must have a sticker or a daily pass to enter the park via the access road but we will not allow downhill then uphill use of the lift this season.
Adults (13-64): $15 | Children (6-12): $10 | Seniors 65+: $12 | Family of Four (2 Adults / 2 Kids): $40.
Children 5 & Under Free* - Children must be at least 3 years of age and 36" tall to ride our chairlift.
The Comet Express Chairlift can hold up to six people on a chair and will be operating at a slower pace to create a more enjoyable ride, and so guests of all ages and abilities are able to fully take in the views. This lift is located outside our main base area and has safe loading and unloading ramps. Our Lift Operators have the ability to slow down or stop the lift should you need assistance embarking or unloading at either terminal.
COVID-19 & SAFTEY PRECAUTIONS FOR 2020 RIDES:
- All Guests are asked to wear masks when visiting Granite Peak
- Parties will only be seated together.
- Masks may be removed when on chairlift but we ask that they be worn during embarking and unloading for our staff and your safety.
- All Guests must apply hand sanitizer before embarking on chairlift ride
- Traffic patterns will be created to allow for proper social distancing of parties
- Lines will feature distancing signage to encourage social distancing.
- DUE TO HIGH DEMAND TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE.
- *Rider must be at least 3 years old to ride or a minimum of 36" tall.
- Riders must sit in their own seat, no lap sitting or child harnesses permitted.
- Animals are also not allowed to ride the lift.
- If you should need assistance prior to loading or unloading please notify an operator prior to entering the loading area.
- No open beverages or outside food are allowed on the Chairlift.