Pass Protection Programs
All Passes Purchase Prior to September 30 - Receive FREE COVID-19 Pass Assurance
In these uncertain times we want to offer assurance that we are committed to providing a winter full of extraordinary days on the slopes. Here is our promise to you:
COVID-19 Pass Assurance - Free on all passes purchased before September 30
PRE-SEASON CANCELLATIONS FOR ANY REASON:
Any Season Pass purchased during our early deadline sale (prior to September 30) can be cancelled for any reason and refunded – less a 5% processing fee – prior to the start of our 2020 – 21 season (Nov 14).
PRO-RATED CANCELLATIONS DUE TO COVID-19:
After the start of the season, all Granite Peak Season Passes are eligible for a pro-rated refund in the event that:
- Granite Peak is closed for more than 10 scheduled operating days between Thanksgiving and Easter due to COVID-19;
- COVID-19 travel restrictions or quarantines prevent travel to the resort for more than 10 scheduled operating days between Thanksgiving and Easter.
- Pro-rated refund will be based on the purchase price of the Pass minus 14.25% of that value for each day the Pass was scanned during the 2020-21 season. After 7 days use, there is no residual refund value on the Pass.
New Pass Protection - A $15 add-on to Season Passes
For unforeseen accidents, life changes or events that could occur throughout the year Granite Peak provides a plan for your ski pass investment when the unexpected happens. The cost of enrollment in the Pass Protection Program is $15 per Pass Holder. The Pass Protection Program must be added at the time of purchase. The following information describes the benefits and provisions of the Pass Protection Plan. You should read it with care so you will understand your protection. There are NO REFUNDS or TRANSFERS of any Pass product without being enrolled in Pass protection.
PASS PROTECTION BENEFITS: Granite Peak will refund a portion of the Pass Holder’s Season Pass if the Pass Holder is unable to use all or a portion of their Pass due to the covered reasons listed.
Pass Protection Eligibility: Any Pass Holder who purchases a 2020/2021 Season Pass from Granite Peak and who has paid the Pass Protection fee are eligible for protection under this program.
Effective Date: Benefits will be effective on the date of enrollment in the program which should be the same date of purchase.
Termination Date: All coverage under this program ends on the last day that the Pass is valid for the season the Pass is purchased.
PRE-SEASON CANCELLATIONS: For all qualified claims that occur prior to the start of the ski season (November 14, 2020), Granite Peak will reimburse the full cost of the Season Pass.
PRO-RATED CANCELLATIONS: For qualified claims that occur after the ski season begins, Granite Peak will reimburse the purchase price of the Pass minus 14.25% of that value for each day the Pass was scanned during the 2020-21 season. After 7 days use, there is no residual refund value on the Pass.
COVERAGE DETAILS: Granite Peak will refund the unused portion of your 2020/2021 season pass if the participating pass holder is unable to use their Pass for any of the following covered incidents. (Dependents of the affected Pass Holder will also qualify for refunds as long as that Dependent is currently enrolled in the Pass Protection Program. Some exclusions do apply.)
- Physical Injury, Sickness, or Death – Injury or sickness that is so disabling that the Pass Holder can no longer ski/snowboard for the remainder of the season, or the death of a participating Pass Holder.
- Physical Injury or sicknesses of an Immediate Family Member – Life threatening sickness or injury of an Immediate Family Member requiring the Pass Holder to become the primary care giver of that Immediate Family Member thus preventing them from using their season pass.
- Pass Holder is involuntarily terminated, is laid off, or is involuntary relocated by an employer-initiated decision (defined below). Pass Holder must have been an active employee for the same employer for at least one year prior to purchasing the Pass and membership in the Pass Protection Program. Job separation must occur following the effective date of coverage. Coverage is not applicable to temporary employment, independent contractors or self-employed persons. Relocation of Pass Holders primary residence must be at least 100 miles further in distance from Granite Peak than Pass Holder’s primary residence at time of purchase (Based off of Google Maps search).
- Pass Holder is called to active military service or military leave is revoked or reassigned.
- Pass Holder has a complication of pregnancy, normal pregnancy or childbirth. –Pregnancy or complication of pregnancy must occur after the Pass Holder’s effective date of coverage. Dependents of the Pass Holder do not qualify for reimbursement in this case.
EXCLUSIONS: With respect to the Season Pass Protection coverage, refunds are not payable in whole or in part for the following:
- Season Pass Holders (including Dependent passes) who are not currently enrolled in the Pass Protection Program.
- Staff, Volunteer, Industry, Trade Media, Complimentary and Donated Season Passes.
- The cost of the Pass Protection Program.
- Any amount in excess of the purchase price of the Season Pass.
- Claims made after the established reporting date parameters (30 days from date of incident or after the last day the Pass is valid.)
- The Pass Protection Program does not cover any medical, travel or lodging related expenses. This program only covers the cost of your 2020/2021 Granite Peak Season Pass.
- All Claims must be submitted within 30 days of the incident. To submit a claim, please contact our Pass Protection department at email@example.com. To file a claim for protection, written documentation verifying reason for claim is required, including but not limited to: a Doctor’s verified statement on an official medical letter head, letter from your employer, deployment papers via the US Military, or a completed USPS change of address for involuntary employer initiated relocations.
- This protection is subject to the exclusions shown and all other terms of this program.
- We reserve the right to reject a claim if any information is false or omitted thereon.
DEFINITIONS: “Unused Portions” means any days remaining between the date of incident as noted on documentation and the last day the Pass is valid. “Injury” is a bodily injury, caused by an Accident and resulting directly and independently of all other causes. The Injury must happen while the Pass Holder is covered by Pass Protection and must require treatment by a Doctor. “Sickness” is an illness, disease, or injury, which requires treatment by a doctor. “Doctor” means a licensed practitioner of the healing arts, acting within the scope of his license. The treating doctor may not be the Pass Holder or a family member. “Pass Holder” means the person whose name appears on the 2020/2021 Granite Peak Season Pass. “Immediate Family Member” means the Pass Holder’s spouse, child, spouse’s child, brother, sister, mother, father, grandparents, grandchild, step-brother, step-sister, step-parents and parents-in-law. “Dependent” means the Pass Holder’s spouse or legally dependent child age 18 or under.