22-23 SEASON PASSES ON SALE
Granite Peak Ski Area is a privately-owned ski hill located in the Heart of Wisconsin. As a primarily winter season facility, located in the Midwest, we count on our seasonal team to function smoothly and provide the best guest experience possible. The Granite Peak Team is looking for someone who can support our Lift Operations manager by overseeing our Lift Operations Team with a love for the outdoors, a desire to learn, and a commitment to excellent service.
Lift Operations is a team-oriented department focused on providing our guests with excellent customer service. In addition to maintaining lift stations and assisting guests onto carriers, lift operators are hosts and information centers. This is a physically demanding position requiring long hours and working in inclement weather.
- Assist all passengers in the safe loading and unloading of the ski lift
- Maintain load and unload ramps and areas around all lift stations
- Identify and report any unusual problems or hazardous conditions to ensure the public’s safety
- Be familiar with all policies, procedures and rules regarding operating and riding a ski lift
- Perform daily pre-operation inspections and post-operation shutdown procedures
- Assist with any necessary projects, such as fencing, maze set-up, and sign replacement
- Have a welcoming and positive demeanor while greeting guests loading chairs
- Monitor pass and ticket scans to verify they are being used by the purchaser
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50lbs as well as twist, turn, and drag equipment
- Must be able to handle stressful, noisy, crowded and distracting situations
- Must be comfortable interacting with guests in a friendly and helpful manner
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be able to make quality decision and to motivate and direct others
Work Environment: This position involves working outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, and requires being on your feet for the majority of the scheduled shift.
Physical and Mental Demands: This position works primarily outside and requires prolonged periods of standing and walking on slippery and/or uneven snow or icy surfaces. Must remain alert and attentive at all times. Must lift up to 50 pounds and be able to twist, turn and drag equipment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.